Welcome to KNet
This project adheres to the Contributor Covenant code of conduct. By participating, you are expected to uphold this code. Please report unacceptable behavior to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scope of the project
This project aims to create a library to direct access, from .NET, all the features available in the Apache Kafka binary distribution. The packages are downloaded from:
There are many client libraries written to manage communication with Apache Kafka. Conversely, this project use directly the Java packages released from The Apache Foundation giving more than one benefit:
- all implemented features are availables at no extra implementation costs, see KNet usage;
- avoids any third party communication protocol implementation;
- access all features made available from Apache Kafka: the most important one is Kafka Streams which does not have any C# implementation.
- Direct access the JVM from any .NET application:
- Any Java/Scala class behind Apache Kafka can be directly managed: Consumer, Producer, Administration, Streams, Server-side, and so on;
- No need to learn new APIs: we try to expose the same APIs in C# style;
- No extra validation cycle on protocol and functionality: bug fix, improvements, new features are immediately available;
- Documentation is shared;
- Dynamic code: it helps to write a Java/Scala/Kotlin/etc seamless language code directly inside a standard .NET application written in C#/VB.NET: look at this simple example and KNet APIs extensibility.
Have a look at the following resources: